The issuance of Iranian tourist visas resumed after about 20 months of suspension.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs had suspended the issuance of tourist visas due to the corona epidemic and the closure of borders, by order of the National Corona Management Headquarters.
In September 2021, the Minister of Cultural Heritage, Tourism, and Handicrafts announced that the President had agreed to resume the issuance of Iranian tourist visas.
During this period, only medical, business, and study visas were issued to foreign nationals, and tourists were not allowed to travel to Iran.
The Corona National Headquarters approved the direct and indirect entry (group-individual) of Iranian and foreign nationals from/to land borders such as air borders by presenting a vaccine card, negative PCR test, and observing protocols and instructions approved by the Ministry.
Health care and medical education are no longer an obstacle.
Tourists who have received two doses of the corona vaccine and have a negative PCR certificate can obtain a tourist visa and travel to Iran. A negative PCR test for age groups over 12 years should be valid for 96 hours.
The National Corona Management Headquarters has declared the movement of all public and private vehicles from the land borders in accordance with the health protocols of the Ministry of Health and Medical Education.
Citizens of Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Georgia, Armenia, Venezuela, Egypt, Malaysia, and China are subject to visa waiver laws. Iran and Iraq have also recently implemented regulations to cancel air travel.
The Iranian tourist visa has been resumed after about 2 years of suspension, according to the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and it is now possible to apply for a type B tourist visa.
New conditions for Iranian tourist visas
According to the new guidelines issued by the National Corona Headquarters, visa applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Have a negative corona PCR test up to 96 hours before travel (for people over 12 years old)
- Have a vaccine card for 2 doses
- Vaccination approved by Iran
- The applicant is not from high-risk countries or his next destination is not high-risk countries
Documents required for the Iranian tourist visa
- Scan from the first page of the passport
- Scanning of your photo with white background (preferably new)
- Residence card scan (if the applicant’s passport and place of residence are different, for example, with an Afghan passport, ask Paris for a visa.)
- Complete the personal information form prepared by the travel agency
- Travel insurance
- Itinerary and tour leader
- Itinerary and tour leader, hotel voucher, and plane ticket (for Canadians, US, and the UK only)
Agencies licensed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs can apply to Iranian visa applicants in a special panel for travel agencies.
In this method, because the documents are prepared and reviewed by the agency and the travel agency is introduced as the sponsor and host of the applicant, the possibility of rejection or rejection of the application is minimized.
In this type, the agency receives the documents from the visa applicant and after reviewing and resolving possible problems, registers the visa application in the panel and finally obtains the tracking code.
Experience has shown that requests submitted by the agency are answered faster than personal requests.
The cost of an Iranian tourist visa
The cost of an Iranian tourist visa consists of two parts:
- Issuance fee: This fee is received in cash at the Iranian embassy or consulate or at the airport for a VOA visa, which varies according to the Iranian embassy or consulate in different countries and the applicant’s nationality.
- Barcode collection fee: The travel agency will receive a fee as a barcode collection fee for consulting, reviewing documents, following the visa-issuance process in person if necessary, and hosting for the applicant.
Due to the fact that Iran Tourism Center has a long history in the field of Iranian visas and operates directly and with a high number of applications, it receives a lower cost compared to other reputable agencies in Iran.
Who can not apply for an Iranian tourist visa?
- Citizens of Palestine (Israel)
- People with a recent trip to Israel
- Afghan nationals living in Afghanistan.
- Citizens of countries that are in a very poor economic situation.
- People who have been politically active against the Islamic Republic of Iran
For further information, you can contact us
Follow us on Instagram